Bauhaus Store Weimar
Owner - Bauhaus Store Klassik Stiftung Weimar Store rating We guarantee that this local shop is authorized to sell this authentic product & brand.
- Item details
DetailsTranslated by Google
See the original text
Carl Jacob Jucker developed table lamps with glass base and glass tube with visible electrics in 1923, which Wilhelm Wagenfeld completed in 1924 with the dome made of opal glass and the Metallror in the glass shaft. Today the lamp is popular as a "Wagenfeldleuchte". With its reduced form, the Bauhaus lamp is now considered one of the most famous objects of early industrial design, although it was actually still handcrafted in workshops.
As an authorized manufacturer, Tecnolumen manufactures these objects according to the original designs. All luminaires are numbered consecutively under the footplate and carry the Bauhaus and Tecnolumen signs.
Table lamp WG 24 with glass base and glass rod
Material: nickel-plated metal, foot clear glass, opaline glass
Diameter foot: 15 cm
Diameter lampshade: 18 cm
Height: 36 cm
Bulb: socket E27, max. 75W
Article No. 9153
- Store Information
The legendary design school, the Bauhaus, was founded in 1919 in Weimar. Architects and artists such as Gropius, Feininger, Klee, Itten and many more were there from the beginning and shaped a then revolutionary understanding of new architecture, design and art in all fields.
Today, the Bauhaus is part of 11 UNESCO World Heritage sites in Weimar. The Klassik Stiftung Weimar owns the oldest collection of Bauhaus exhibits worldwide - and a new Bauhaus Museum is currently being built in Weimar, which will open its doors in spring 2019 for its 100th anniversary.
As a subsidiary company of Klassik Stiftung Weimar, we operate our own Bauhaus Store in a central location at the Weimar market place. An we look forward to the opening of the new museum, which of course will also receive an inspiring Museumshop.